M. Night Shyamalan's DEVIL

00:33

Director

John Erick Dowdle

Producer(s)
John Erick Dowdle
Drew Dowdle
M. Night Shyamalan
Sam Mercer

Screenplay
Brian Nelson

Story
M. Night Shyamalan

Cast
Chris Messina
Bojana Novakovic
Logan Marshall-Green
Jenny O'Hara
Jacob Vargas
Matt Craven
Bokeem Woodbine
Geoffrey Arend






Synopsis
Five strangers (namely Sarah, Tony, Ben, Jane and Vince) were trapped in an elevator, at first, they thought it was due to maintenance but later did they know something was in store for them. While waiting for the elevator to work again, mysterious things starts to happen, the elevator lights would start to flicker, turn off and after a few seconds the lights would turn on and horror unleashes!

First lights off and on, Sarah gets injured by having a cut at her back, as the security watches what happens and helps them get out of the elevator, they reported the incident to the police. At the same time, detective Bowden is investigating a suicide that happened in the same building and helps with the elevator incident. He did a background check with all five people and found out that each stranger had a dark past. Every time the lights would flicker, it’s a sign that something was about to happen, later did they know, that was the sign that one of them was about to die.

As the first victim dies, everyone was being to each other and try to stay alive as long as possible while detective Bowden helps them get out of the elevator and solve the mind blowing case as soon as possible.

Movie Review
After watching this movie, I told myself, “I will not…. WILL NOT…. Use my cellphone as a flashlight, I will not sleep alone in the dark for a couple of days and I will not buy those big black contact lenses from GEO!” Knowing that this movie is by M. Night Shyamalan, I was really having doubts in watching it but good thing I did. After the Sixth Sense, this is by far a job well done, maybe because it was directed by another and not Shyamalan. The movie is mind blowing for me and I was caught off guard when I knew who the devil was. We all know that Shyamalan love putting a twist in his stories and he did a good job on this one. I would have to admit that I did not see that twist coming. I loved the movie twist; I really did, but the ending? Not so much. I also like the story of having a detective check their background instead of just hearing and introducing themselves as they were stuck in the elevator and getting killed one by one. There are scenes that I really loved and there scenes that you would say “How stupid?!”

In my point of view, M. Night Shymalan should just stick to writing or being a producer and let others direct the movie for him. I know it’s a harsh thing to say, but for me, it’s better off that way.

My overall rating for the movie would be a 7.5 out of a 10.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images